Copy of Police Reports

To obtain a copy of an incident or accident report a written request must be submitted to the Civil Division of the Pend Oreille County Sheriff’s Office. You may make a request by mail, fax, over the phone, or in person. In some cases, some reports cannot be released due to privacy act laws or if the case is still under active investigation. There is a $5.00 fee for vehicle accident reports; all other reports are $0.15 per page. We cannot accept debit or credit cards for payment. We can only accept cash or check.

To mail or fax a request to the Civil Division please include the following information:

  • Your name
  • Phone number
  • Mailing address
  • What type or report you are requesting (incident or accident)
  • Case number (if known)
  • Agency involved
  • Date and time of incident
  • Address of incident
  • Names of involved participants
  • Specific portion or record you are requesting
  • Your signature

Mail your request to:

Pend Oreille County Sheriff’s Office
Attn. Civil Division
P.O. Box 5075
Newport, WA 99156

Fax your request to: (509) 447-5261