Welcome to Pend Oreille County Information Technology
Operating under the auspices of the Pend Oreille County Commissioner’s Office, the IT department provides technical leadership in the planning, design and implementation of information technologies that serve more than 20 departments and public service organizations countywide.
We provide network, communication, database, hardware, desktop and telephone training and support and serve as a hub for the County’s email, networking and telecommunication systems. We also assist with needs assessment, design, coordination and evaluation of vendor systems that have helped virtually every county department achieve their technology goals.
Pend Oreille County GIS
A division of Information Technology.
What is GIS?
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a collection of computer hardware, software, and geographic data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information (Source: GIS.com)
The mission of Pend Oreille County GIS is to aid county services in the development and maintenance of the county’s GIS. Our work allows the county to utilize geospatial data to generate maps and perform various types of analysis. As a central service, we perform a wide variety of functions for all the different county departments, below are just a few examples of how we are using GIS to help your local government serve you better and more efficiently:
- Maintaining the maps and data used by 911 for emergency dispatching and response.
- Support Emergency Management for disaster preparedness, planning, and response
- Maintaining up-to-date authoritative local data so that the best available information is readily available for the county, other entities, and the public.
- Digitizing parcel boundaries
- Updating and keeping record of all the official boundaries inside of our county. City/Town limits, fire districts, voting districts, and more.
- Performing geospatial and statistical analysis used in long range planning, policy making, emergency planning, grant writing, and everything in between.
- Making sure our data is available to the public through open data downloads and interactive maps. Our goal is to make sure that this important information is easily accessible to you, the citizen.
- And so many more things, big and small.
How Can Pend Oreille GIS Help You?
In addition to assisting all of the county departments with their geospatial needs, we offer the following services to the general public.
Addressing & Road Naming
Pend Oreille County GIS is the addressing authority for the unincorporated areas of the county, and we also assist the Towns and the Kalispel Tribe with the management and assignment of addresses for their citizens. The County works with other entities such as the USPS, Fire Departments, and 911 to make sure that they have accurate record of ALL addresses within Pend Oreille County. Contact us for the following addressing inquiries:
- Address assignments or changes - Click the 'Need an Address' button on the right of the page to quickly request a new address or find out more information.
- Address Verification - Are you having trouble with having your existing address recognized by other state/federal departments, USPS, Private Delivery Companies, or others? Contact us to receive an official 'Address Verification Letter'. We will then disseminate your address to all applicable parties.
- Road Naming - Please contact us if you would like to name an unnamed access road or to change the name of an existing road. Click 'Road Naming' on the right-side of the page to learn more.
Data and Map Downloads
There are a number of existing GIS data and PDF maps available for download on the Pend Oreille County Open GIS Data Hub. If you are unable to find what you are looking for then please contact us and we will attempt to help you the best we can.
Click the 'Interactive Map Portal' on the right side of the page to use our online maps where you can easily search for a variety of information like parcels, election districts, critical areas, and more.
Custom Maps and Oversized Printing
We are able to create and print custom maps to meet your needs. However, we will not perform custom analysis or create new data for the public. Contact us for custom map inquiries and print prices.