Welcome to the Pend Oreille County Assessor’s Office
The primary duty of the assessor’s office is to identify and determine the value of all the taxable real and personal property, for the purpose of equitable distribution of tax liabilities of each property owner within their tax district. The Assessor is required by law to value property at 100% of market value and to assure that all values are equitable, fair and uniform to all property owners in Pend Oreille County. Properties in Pend Oreille County are revalued every year with a physical inspection every 6 years.
Dates to Remember!!!
- 2023 Personal Property value notices were mailed out on 06-02-2023.
- 2023 Real Property value notices were mailed out on 06-16-2023. (If you wish to appeal your value, a petition form MUST be filed with the Board of Equalization within 30 days after the date the notices were mailed.)
- Senior Citizen/Disabled Persons Property Tax Exemption Renewals were mailed out November 23, 2022. Renewals are due by May 31, 2023, with proof of your 2022 total household income. If you have any questions, please call our office.
Questions Regarding Property Taxes?!
Do you have questions regarding your property taxes?
- How much is due? When are they due?
- Do you need another tax statement? How do I pay online?
Please call the Treasurer’s Office at 509-447-3612.
#1 Frequently Asked Question:
625 W. 4th Street
PO Box 5010
Newport, WA 99156