EPA Notice: The State of Washington requires that any individual or company performing electrical, HVAC, or plumbing work obtain the required licenses. The EPA requires that renovation, repair, and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in pre-1978 homes, childcare facilities, and schools be performed by an EPA certified renovator working for an EPA certified firm and that specific work practices be implemented to prevent lead contamination. More information is available at 1-800-424-lead [5323] or at the EPA website.